Laughter bonds people through humor and play. Our psychological need of our rebel part is the one for playful contact. Today, it is about the bliss of lightheartedness, a good laugh, a refreshing portion of humor. Laughing brings your energy back to you. Laughter is creative energy. From this place, you can’t be negative or destructive. You can only be creative!
Let’s play and explore: what are your myths around creativity, playfulness, laughter?
- Do you hold a myth that laughter at work is not serious?
- Do you believe that only special and talented people are creative?
- or that one must be born with a special talent?
Scan your own myths and beliefs on laughter, humor and play and if they do not serve you, choose another one that frees up the space and set your energy free!
Here are some good reasons to take good care of your rebel battery. From research studies we know: laughter produces endorphins in our brain that make us feel immediately better and relieved afterward. It can relax our muscles, lower stress hormones, boost our immune system, and prevent heart disease. It helps us boost our mood and appreciate life more. And it sparks our creativity!
- Plan for some fun time together! (Yes, in our busy overloaded lives, it’s good to plan some fun time!)
- Surprise someone today!
- Laugh with each other, not at each other!
- Do you have the infrastructure inviting for playful contact interventions at the office? A great example are the Google offices all over the world!
- How do you create the space for playfulness and lightness at home?
and.. if things go really really wrong… look at life as a cosmic joke! Allowing yourself the lightheartedness and humor as a coping strategy can relieve emotional pain in distressful situations. It also helps you look at a situation from the lighter side of things.
I’m wishing you a truly creative Friday loaded with many contagious deep and shaking belly laughs!
Nicole Heimann is an experienced and passionate Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Certified Neuro-Transformation Coach (CNTC), Certified Process Communication Model Coach, specialized in Conscious Leadership and Impactful Communication. Contact me at email@example.com
– Here’s the link to the introduction post of the 21-day challenge.
– Please note that the concept of psychological needs related to the PCM personality types is based on solid research and scientifically validated work done by Dr. Taibi Kahler. All content related to this are the proprietary rights of Taibi Kahler Associates, Inc. Nicole is a licensed and certified independent distributor of the Process Communication Model and all materials related thereto.