In the 6th Century BCE, a Scythian philosopher Anacharsis said:
«Play, so you may be serious!»
This quote expresses in such a cool way how «PCM battery charges» work: if we charge our batteries well, then we have access to all other parts in our personality architecture and are able to live and to lead from our full potential. »
Making a statement like that, we can assume that Anacharsis was probably a rebel, or at least in a rebel phase. This means that he had a psychological need for playful contact. He must have experienced that if this battery is charged, he has access to his more serious parts (the persister or thinker parts).
Doing this, gives us access to all other positive parts in our personality architecture and opens the door to our full potential.
Our range to lead from becomes wider and more expansive!
There are only 6 psychological needs to take care of:
- Playful contact
- Recognition for work, achievements and time structure
- Recognition for opinions, achievements
- Recognition as a person and sensory stimulation
The importance and the intensity of what we need is different from person to person. You will notice that some have a bigger effect on you than others.
Fact is that through charging all of your batteries, you take influence on your personal energy in the best possible way to have access to all of who you are and release your full potential. This is extremely valuable for your sovereignty in your leadership as you are much more resilient. Coming from a positive energy place, you will have friendlier, easier and deeper relationships, you will communicate with more clarity the direction in which you want to go forward. Your life will be more energetic and fun and you will enjoy the moments of solitude to reflect on your high impact energy. All of these outcomes influence your leadership in a brilliant way.
As you could experience through the 21-day challenge, it’s easy and powerful. All it takes is just a moment of daily awareness and intention on how to charge which battery each day!
Related blogs to the taking responsibility for your personal energy:
Nicole Heimann is an experienced and passionate Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Certified Neuro-Transformation Coach (CNTC), Certified Process Communication Model Coach, specialized in Conscious Leadership and Impactful Communication. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
– Here’s the link to the introduction post of the 21-day challenge.
– Please note that the concept of psychological needs related to the PCM personality types is based on solid research and scientifically validated work done by Dr. Taibi Kahler. All content related to this are the proprietary rights of Taibi Kahler Associates, Inc. Nicole is a licensed and certified independent distributor of the Process Communication Model and all materials related thereto.
Mark your calendars! Our next open PCM Seminar is scheduled for October 29-31, 2014.