Monday is a perfect day to start the week with setting ourselves up for getting our psychological need for recognition for work and time structures met.
A psychological need is a basic hunger that needs satisfaction. They must be met for effective and productive functioning. If we do not get our psychological needs met in a positive way, unconsciously, we will start behaving in a way that we get them in a negative way and we will be experiencing sabotaging behaviors. Positive communication starts with good self-management. One way is to take ownership of our needs.
Recognition for work and time structure are the psychological needs of the thinker part in our personality architecture. The thinker part in ourselves is organized, responsible and logical. This part of us wants confirmation that what we do is being noticed, a pat on the back, a compliment for a job well done. It is a need which people often expect from others and we have to learn to give it to ourselves. The danger of expecting it from others is that other people will not necessarily charge our battery and then it runs empty. (An empty battery steers us into sabotaging/distress behaviors.) It is our battery and we better take good care!
We can charge the battery of our thinker part by recognizing ourselves for our accomplishments and achievements. We can do this by rewarding and celebrating ourselves for a job well done. Or you can go an claim what you need. If your boss doesn’t give feedback on your work, go and ask for it! Invite people to charge your battery! Our thinker part also requires time structure and likes to plan things. It wants to know what is to be done by when and by whom. It gets its batteries charged by doing that.
In this 21-day challenge, we put awareness and intention in our battery charge. By doing this, we reinforce the effect and you will soon experience your personal energy and efficiency going up! It really is just taking a moment in the morning, choosing a battery to focus on today and deciding how to charge it.
So, here’s what I will do today to charge my thinker battery.
- focus on short term goals this week and make 3 to-do lists with everything that needs to be done by Friday this week – for my clients, for private issues and for the kids
- increase my focus and stimulate this with planned 15 min walks – 1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon.
- celebrate my achievements by the end of the week by booking myself a massage over the weekend 🙂
What will you do to satisfy your psychological needs of your thinker part?
Please share how you will charge your battery and observe the effects of putting intention and awareness in your personal energy!
Enjoy the process.
Nicole Heimann is an experienced and passionate Certified Professional Co-Active Coach (CPCC), Certified Neuro-Transformation Coach (CNTC), Certified Process Communication Model Coach, specialized in Conscious Leadership and Impactful Communication. Contact me at email@example.com
– Here’s the link to the introduction post of the 21-day challenge.
– Please note that the concept of psychological needs related to the PCM personality types is based on solid research and scientifically validated work done by Dr. Taibi Kahler. All content related to this are the proprietary rights of Taibi Kahler Associates, Inc.
Nicole Heimann is a licensed and certified independent distributor of the Process Communication Model and all materials related thereto.